Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable file sharing on network?

Hello.

I am currently in a hotel room and noticed other people's computers with their file shares opened. I am concerned if mine is opened or not. How do I disable my MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.8.3? Its firewall is enabled.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 13.3" MacBook Pro (9,2/MD102ll/A)

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 10:09 PM

To make sure that File Sharing is turned off on your computer, open System Preferences > Sharing, press the padlock at the bottom left of the window, type your password, and unmark "File Sharing" in the sidebar. However, unless you have modified File Sharing settings, File Sharing is only turned on by default for the Public folder, so there's nothing to worry

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2013 10:09 PM in response to antdude

To make sure that File Sharing is turned off on your computer, open System Preferences > Sharing, press the padlock at the bottom left of the window, type your password, and unmark "File Sharing" in the sidebar. However, unless you have modified File Sharing settings, File Sharing is only turned on by default for the Public folder, so there's nothing to worry

Mar 23, 2013 10:18 PM in response to mende1

mende1 wrote:

It's all unchecked. Do I assume the computer doesn't show up on network?

How to disable file sharing on network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.