Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy calendar event on iOS

This has been ask quite awhile back but is there a way to copy calendar events on an iOS device, i.e., iPhone? I've not found any way to do it so far except on OSx and then waiting for it to sync which does not help when you mobile. I have posted feedback to Apple incase it cannot be done.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 7:41 AM

33 replies

Feb 21, 2017 8:29 PM in response to Libby101a

Its not a matter of being lazy at all. Im currently having this issue because i work for a small business owner and theres 3 employees. I recently switched to iphone and the calendar we used to communicate events was android only. Needless to say iphone apps do not compare to android as even a simple funtion as copying an event to a new time and day is cumbersome. It was move the event but for our business we need to go back and see when we did services and just moving the event prevents us from knowing what we did in the past. If anyone knows of a calendar that is as good as business calendar on android for ios please let me know.

Apr 11, 2017 6:12 PM in response to Allan Sampson

So not true and so unhelpful. Have you actually timed it and can you post those results? If you have nothing constructive to add besides arguing with the original poster and critiquing his or her or their methods of use and adding little to anything useful in assisting with what should be a very simple question to answer (and one which I find myself with as well--thus why I am viewing this thread), then zip it.

Now since I have nothing to add besides my critique of your critiquing, I too shall do just that:

:x

Jun 8, 2017 4:03 PM in response to Timon Family

I found this solution which is almost as good (iOS 10.2.1): Let's say you have already added an event with the name 'Doctors appointment'.

When you add a new event and start typing the name 'Doc', the app will auto suggest 'Doctors appointment' below the name input. If you tap the suggestion, the app will copy all the information you added in the previous 'Doctors appointment' event, except for the day and time.

Jul 6, 2017 8:05 PM in response to ElKrullo

Very cool. I just copied an item from my personal iTunes calendar to a work Calendar in Outlook. Then the only thing to do is adjust the time as needed. Think it uses the system time as the start time.

Everything copied, except the Travel time, which isn't supported by Outlook, so no issue there.

I'm trying to figure out how to manage two phones, work and personal, where the work phone is highly locked down. I'm able to view my personal calendar in the work phone, but not the other direction. The best option I've found thus far for the two calendar dilemma is that some of the events need to be in both calendars, such as doctor appts or travel dates. Not ideal, but what can do.

This solution from ElKrullo makes it a bit easier.

Jul 28, 2013 11:02 AM in response to Timon Family

I've experienced this need for some time, especially when trying to enter recurring events on multiple days of the week (e.g., Monday and Wednesday classes recurring weekly for a fixed period of time). I can set up one class day to recur weekly, but can't copy to the second day of the week. This is easy in Outlook, and should be easy when mobile too.

Aug 17, 2013 5:32 AM in response to Timon Family

I'm surprised anyone would question this need also. Try entering the practice/game schedule for your kids' soccer season while mobile. MacBook; easy. But not on iPhone! Most practices/games are same time, so C/X helps immensely! And easy then to edit this once copied. I share my two boys' sports calendars with family/friends, so I put as much intel in calendar as possible including location. I know you wouldn't want to enter all that new for every like event. If you want to do that, toss the phone and go back to Day Planner. :-) Timon, I hope Apple hears our cry soon! Thanks for post.

Aug 17, 2013 5:39 AM in response to Lost and Confused__

I have a lot of appointments and things in all my calanders ( iphone and ipad) and it takes just a few seconds to set up a new appointment. I understand what you are wanting to do, but I just don't really see the huge need for this as it isnt that complex or time consuming to just enter a new one. I'm sure you can understand that the phone can't do everything for you... there are some things we still might need to do 😝

Copy calendar event on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.