Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Apple TV after update

I recently did an update on my Apple TV and now I'm having a problem purchasing a movie. I can view iTunes movie selection through my Apple tv but when I click on a movie, it goes right back to movie selection screen. I can't even view the trailer.

iTunes on my iMac is not the problem because I am able to view trailers and purchase from the computer.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 7:25 AM

7 replies

Apr 5, 2013 8:38 AM in response to Clockwork Princess

I have the same problem. Everything was working fine with 5.2. I updated to 5.2.1. and now streaming is so slow that it is impossible to stream music or movies. I did a "reset" on the Apple TV and the newest software is than downloaded also. It took 5 hours to download the software. So it seams that software 5.2.1. has problems with WiFi routers. And I found out that also my computer gets very slow with mail and internet. Something is happening between Apple TV - WiFi router and computer.

Did you already find a solutions?

Hans Lijnbach.

Apr 7, 2013 12:15 AM in response to Clockwork Princess

There is also another discussion on the forum with the same issues. The problem is, nobody seems to have a solution. And I get realy frustrated because everything was working fine and now I am not able to use ATV at all. Another problem is that it is almost impossible to perform a "downgrade". (It is possible, but you have to spend a lot of money).

Hans Lijnbach

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4911806?answerId=21712856022#21712856022

Problem with Apple TV after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.