Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting and nesting issuse

Hi there,

I have 3 issues going on hoping someone can assist me.

I am in the midst of working on a 2 hour film on fcp7, working with about 10 seqences that I am attempting to nest. 5 of 10 of the sequences nest fine but the others come up with this error message "Operation not Allowed: You cannot nest sequences with different editing timebases."

The 2nd issue is if I copy and past the 10 sequences, the size on 3 of the sequences changes. In addition some of the sound is off.

The final issue is when exporting. The Audio is out of synch.

Some of my sequences are 1920x1080 Apple Pro Res 422 others are HD 1280x1080 DVCPro HD 1080i60.

What should I do?

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 6:45 AM

>>"Operation not Allowed: You cannot nest sequences with different editing timebases."<<

All three issues are caused by the same thing. When you see that error message, it means that some of the clips have a different frame rate, which is why when you try to paste them into a non-matching sequence the audio goes out fo sync. You'll need to identify which clips frame rates don't match and convert them so that ALL frame rates match the Sequence settings.

-DH

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2013 6:45 AM in response to Staypostive

>>"Operation not Allowed: You cannot nest sequences with different editing timebases."<<

All three issues are caused by the same thing. When you see that error message, it means that some of the clips have a different frame rate, which is why when you try to paste them into a non-matching sequence the audio goes out fo sync. You'll need to identify which clips frame rates don't match and convert them so that ALL frame rates match the Sequence settings.

-DH

Exporting and nesting issuse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.