Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Center or in short Play/Pause button on iPod Shuffle 4th Generation Late 2012 is not working

Does Apple replace my iPod Shuffle because the center or play/pause button is not working but all buttons are working except for the center button my iPod Shuffle is Silver and it has a scratches and a little dents and the back was pop up? what should i do help me does Apple replace it for free n warranty?

and if it has a Apple Care protection plan for iPod will Apple replace it for free?

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 5:46 AM

5 replies

Mar 24, 2013 11:05 AM in response to JamesPaulMallon

FYI - This is a user forum, so it is unlikely that someone from Apple will respond here. To contact someone from Apple and "official" tech support, you should use one of the methods listed in the Contact Us link at the bottom right corner of this web page.

The standard warranty is for one year from purchase. If you bought AppleCare for the iPod, coverage extends to a total of two years, along with other support services.

Mar 24, 2013 8:09 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

because when i was playing a music on it my volume is at 70% and after a while the song was playing like crazy it is playing and then stop so i do a reset turn off shuffle and then turn it on after 10 seconds now the center/lay or pause button is now not working i do a restore on iTunes but nothing happens it is still not working!

Mar 24, 2013 8:30 PM in response to JamesPaulMallon

If you did a Restore in iTunes, and it continues to have the problem, if it is covered under warranty or AppleCare, you should probably contact Apple tech support directly (not the users forum). If you have an Apple Store nearby, a good way to do this is to make a reservation at the store's Genius Bar and take it there. You don't have to have a reservation, but you can make one at the store's web page

http://www.apple.com/retail/

Center or in short Play/Pause button on iPod Shuffle 4th Generation Late 2012 is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.