Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skype 6.3 Video Calling and 10.8.3

There is a problem which affected a lot of users of Skype: ( http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/Video-Problem-with-OS-X-10-8-3/td-p/1475301)

The problem started after upgrading OS X to 10.8.3.

I've the latest version of Skype, Version 6.3.59.582 and I've recently updated my Macbook Pro mid 2012 13" (no retina) to OS X 10.8.3. (Processor i7 2.9 Ghz, 8 Gb ram 1600 mhz)

Sometimes the video is sticking to some frames and it is than repeating them for some seconds or for an infinite time.
It happens also that my movement is in high quality but with a very low frame rate of 1fps or even less. And sometimes the video is just sticked to the same picture.
And sometimes it works.

The only solutions seems to be to de-activate and re-activate the video during the call. But after some seconds the problems starts again.

Sometimes the problem seem connected to the blinking of the Facetime green LED.

I've tried with re-boot and re-installing Skype more than once.

I did not have this kind of issue before, I've checked the Facetime HD camera with Photo Booth or Facetime and it seems to work perfectly.

All of this happened after the last udpate 10.8.3.

Thank you in advance for a fast answer and bug fix.

Francesco

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 9:18 AM

12 replies

Apr 11, 2013 2:50 AM in response to Boby51

What about possessors of a Macbook Pro 13" with only integrated graphics?
From the skype forums seems to be that the problem is related to 1) The connection quality between the Skypers 2) The use of the integrated graphics. and of course the update 10.8.3. Because this problem is present also when downgrading to an older version of Skype, like I did (currently with Version 6.0.0.2946. The problem is present but less strongly than on the latest version.

Skype 6.3 Video Calling and 10.8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.