Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp partition disappeared

Hi everyone,

So I just updated my MacBook Pro Retina and then changed to Windows 7 to do some stuff. Then I restarted on Mac Mountain Lion and made my Mac partition tinier. Even then, before I did this change, the partition of Windows 7 wasn't in the list of partitions anymore.

I restarted my Mac many times, tried to boot on Windows, installed refit, but no sign of it...

Anyone know what I could do, or has experienced the same problem?

Cheers

Yasudia

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 11:33 AM

5 replies

Mar 24, 2013 11:39 AM in response to Yasudia

Right once you install Windows using Boot Camp, and have Mac OS X on the drive at the same time, you can NOT fool around with Any Partitions. In Windows or in Mac OS X. If you do, as you have found out, Windows will no longer boot.

Time to use Boot Camp Assistant again and remove the Windows partition, if BCA can still see it, then recreate it and reinstall Windows.

Or you could just buy a Windows PC to run Windows on. Simpler and you can use both at the same time.

Or you could use one of the three Virtual Machine software programs, VMware Fusion, Parallels or Virtualbox (which is Free), to install Windows into a Virtual Machine and run it on top of OS X.

Good Luck & Best Wishes.

Mar 24, 2013 2:29 PM in response to Shootist007

Alright,

So I have various Windows PCs... I want a Windows on my Mac tho. Of course I have Parrallels but that is just not the same and you can not run various programs on virtual machines.

Also, I shrinked my Mac partition before around October (also in Mountain Lion) without having any troubles with the Windows partition afterwards, that is why I ask here. Why should shrinking the Mac partition fool up the Windows partition anyway, it wouldn't do anything to the Windows partition, I would have had to make it bigger in Windows itself afterwards...?

bootcamp partition disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.