Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to open up the itunes app store I get "The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "itunes.apple.com" which could put your confidential information at risk". What do I do???

When I try to open up the itunes app store I get "The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "itunes.apple.com" which could put your confidential information at risk". What do I do???

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 10:21 AM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2013 7:59 AM in response to dmspaulding

To fix this issue, please make sure you set your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to the correct date and time. To verify, tap Settings > General > Date & Time. Then toggle on “Set Automatically”. Further make sure that your time zone is set up correctly. Simple tap Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone to verify this.

If you notice that the incorrect date, time, or time zone is being set up automatically on your iPad, iPhone or iPod, tap General > Date & Time and turn off Set Automatically. Then set the correct time and time zone manually.

Jan 2, 2014 12:17 PM in response to dmspaulding

If anyone reads this post, I'm getting the same error message when setting up my "new" ipad2 given to me by a relative after mine was stolen. After backing up their files in icloud, I cleared the ipad and then "booted" it up. When I tried to download my backed-up files and apps, I got the same error message about "invalid server".

I have found it impossible to get to the settings when I get this message when initially setting up the ipad2.

Is there a way around this?

Frederick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.