Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch isn't recognized by my computer or my dock

My ipod touch 4th generation won't connect to my computer or my memorex dock! I tried connecting my ipod with 2 different usb cables to both my computer and my mothers and it wasn't recongized at all by both. I also tried connecting it through an external port from my laptop fan thing, but that was unsuccessful as well. I've had some past trouble getting my ipod to connect to my computer (windows 7), but once I put the usb back or changed the usb port in a few times it always recognized it. Everything is fine with the wifi sync, its just not working so I can connect via usb to my computer. I've been trying to get it to do so for the past 2 hours. Also, it won't charge in my docking station! It will play music, everything its supposed to do, except charge! The funny thing was that it worked fine about 2 hours ago and had no problems whatsoever with it! I have a feeling these two are somehow connected! I haven't done anything to it either like dropped it or splashed water on it, like I said a few hours ago it was perfectly normal!! And yes, I've been on pretty much every page of this website and google looking for answers and upadted and unintstalled and reuntalled and resest and rebooted! So please unless you'll be the answer don't put it down! This is my last resort before the apple store! Please help! Thank you!! (:

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 11:30 AM

- Inspect the dock connector for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

3 replies

My ipod touch isn't recognized by my computer or my dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.