Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Mac OS X 10.4.11 without installation disc?

Here is my situation, and any amount of help would be greatly appreciated.

A few days ago, my MacBook slid off the couch and fell on the floor. It fell flat, nothing was damaged outside and the screen was fine. But when I turned on my MacBook, it wouldn't boot past the grey screen. I tried to Safe Boot, and nothing. I even tried to start it up holding-down Option + Command + R + P , when I finally got the ever familiar blinking folder with "?" in the middle.

Now before I take it to the Apple store to have it looked at not knowing the range of the cost, I was wondering if there was ANY way to restore my MacBook without the installation discs (since I lost them during a big move...like an idiot).

Thanks for your time. Hope this isn't too ridiculous of a request, or possible but ending-up too pricey.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 13" Mid-2007

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 1:00 PM

Mary-A wrote:

I was wondering if there was ANY way to restore my MacBook without the installation discs (since I lost them during a big move...like an idiot).

no. call apple, they may be able to send you the necessary disks for a small fee. personally, I would make a genius bar apt to have it looked at.

3 replies

Mar 27, 2013 4:41 PM in response to shldr2thewheel

So I made a Geinus Bar appointment that night and they confirmed the problem was a damaged hard drive. The guy said to after I buy and install the hard drive, to bring my MacBook in and they'd upgrade it to the latest operating system FO' FREE! Also said it'd be around 10.6(.8?), so that was really great to hear. Made an appointment for the upgrade this Saturday, so I'm very excited.

Thanks for the reply that started it all, shldr2thewheel!

Restore Mac OS X 10.4.11 without installation disc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.