Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 10.5.8 on my computer. I need to upgrade so I can use Turbo Tax. How do I upgrade to Mountain Lion

If I have 10.5.8 which operating system do I have? How do I do the next upgrade?

Mac, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 1:59 PM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2013 4:47 PM in response to LDMAC

If you are running 10.5.8 then you have Leopard. The next step up will be Sbow Leopard ... providing your machine can accept it ... read the following.

Minimum specs for Snow Leopard. Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard -Read the Technical Specifications

You can buy the disk from ... in the USA go to http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

In Europe or otherwise substitute your national code in place of /us above.

In the UK … the last known price was £14.

Before you start upgrading, back up your files.

Once you have upgraded to Snow Leopard you will need to apply the Combo updater. Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 and follow with a software update to pick up any later updates.

I have 10.5.8 on my computer. I need to upgrade so I can use Turbo Tax. How do I upgrade to Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.