Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't my 2011 Macbook Pro support Airplay mirroring? I do not see any Airplay icon on my top bar.

I understood that my model year of Macbook Pro would support Airplay mirroring. Am I missing something?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 2:18 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2013 3:10 PM in response to seaside sue

First of all, check that you are using OS X Mountain Lion, the version that it's required for AirPlay Mirroring. Open  > About this Mac, and tell me what OS X version you have.

If it's 10.6 or 10.7, you are using Mac OS X Snow Leopard or OS X Lion, versions that aren't compatible with AirPlay Mirroring. In this case, you have two options:

1. Upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion (you can get it from the App Store), so you will get AirPlay Mirroring.

2. Keep using Snow Leopard or Lion, and use a third-party application as AirParrot > http://www.airparrot.com

Why doesn't my 2011 Macbook Pro support Airplay mirroring? I do not see any Airplay icon on my top bar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.