Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my password and now I'm unable to receive any email on my mac pro but I am able to receive email on my iphone and iPad, any suggestions?

I recently changed my password, I can't get my email on my mac pro but I can retrieve email on my iphone and ipad, any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 4:33 PM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2013 4:41 PM in response to lori4200

You changed your email password? Then you're going to have to re-enter it on the Mac(book?) Pro. If you're using Apple Mail, click the Mail menu, click Preferences, then Accounts, and enter the new password where you see the Password field. You'll also need to re-enter it in the Outgoing Mail Server section - click the dropdown list, click Edit SMTP Server List, click your account's SMTP server, click Advanced, and enter the new password.

You should also find that, if your password is incorrect, there's a lightning bolt or exclamation mark next to the Inbox. If you click that, you should be prompted for the new password. Same thing when you try to send a message for the first time.

Matt

I changed my password and now I'm unable to receive any email on my mac pro but I am able to receive email on my iphone and iPad, any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.