Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PC won't recognize iPhone

I have tried (almost) everything, but my iPhone (and iPod touch, and other iPhones) still isn't recognized by my pc.

I recently re-installed windows xp on my computer and formatted my harddisk, that's when my problems started:

If I try to connect my iPhone to my PC it doesn't say anything at all. It doesn't even charge.

Things I tried and failed:

Used another cable.

Used another iDevice.

Re-installed iTunes.

Deleted the Temp folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings and restarted the PC

Restarted the Apple Mobile Device Service

Tried to locate the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver while connecting my iPhone > wasn't listed in the USB controllers list in device manager

So I tried to 'Scan for hardware changes' in the USB controllers

It also doesn't recognize the iPhone as a camera or something else (connected the iPhone and checked if something changed in device manager)

Tried to get the iphone in recovery mode (turn off iphone > holding down home button > connect USB > recovery mode, but it just turned the iPhone on).

My iPhone works fine with other computers. If I turn my iPhone off and connect it to the computer it starts up, but the iPhone isn't charging.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 3:32 PM

6 replies

PC won't recognize iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.