Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is this thing??

on my macbook i have something that i dont remember having before my brother supposedly "set up" my computer it goes by the name of console and it seems to be continuously giving some kind of meaningless log reports with things like KiesAgent: recieve message from wifiagent KiesAgent: enter detectwifiagent all sorts of bs like that.

i dont remember having that before and i dont know what it is supposed to be for.

can anyone elucidate??

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 6:17 PM

Console is the app that displays log files. You've always had it.

Kies agent is a program to connect a Samsung phone to your Mac.

If it is spewing log file entries continuously, it is either installed incorrectly or just crapware.

Googling for KiesAgent gave a few hits that were complaining about it running away and eating up CPU cycles and battery life.

The KiesWifiAgent may be in your Login Items. You can remove it by going to System preferences, Users & Groups, and select your user.

Select the Login Items tab, find the entry for that program, select it, and click the ( - ) button at the bottom of the list. The checkbox does nothing useful, so don't think unchecking it will help.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2013 6:17 PM in response to ignorantFool

Console is the app that displays log files. You've always had it.

Kies agent is a program to connect a Samsung phone to your Mac.

If it is spewing log file entries continuously, it is either installed incorrectly or just crapware.

Googling for KiesAgent gave a few hits that were complaining about it running away and eating up CPU cycles and battery life.

The KiesWifiAgent may be in your Login Items. You can remove it by going to System preferences, Users & Groups, and select your user.

Select the Login Items tab, find the entry for that program, select it, and click the ( - ) button at the bottom of the list. The checkbox does nothing useful, so don't think unchecking it will help.

Mar 24, 2013 6:23 PM in response to ignorantFool

I edited my post to tell you how to stop the agent from running, but to uninstall it, you would need to find the uninstaller for that program.

Look in the Downloads folder for something named KiesMac <version info>.dmg

Double-click the dmg file to mount it. Open it in the Finder and there should be an Uninstaller you can run.

If you can't find it, download it here: http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

Then, mount the downloaded dmg and run the uninstaller.

what is this thing??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.