Currently Being ModeratedMar 24, 2013 8:13 PM (in response to sylviafromculver city)
Here's what to do:
- Hold both the home button and the wake/suspend button down at the same time. You should see the Apple logo appear on your screen after holding these buttons down a couple of seconds, which means your iPad is booting up and should be good to go in a few more seconds.
- If the iPad does not boot up after a few seconds, the battery may be completely drained. The iPad comes with both a 30-pin connector and an adapter that allows you to plug it into a wall outlet. Use this to charge the iPad rather than plugging it into your computer. After letting it charge for at least thirty minutes, try repeating step one. Your iPad should boot up fine.
- If your iPad still won't turn on, there may be a hardware failure. The easiest solution is to locate the nearest Apple store. Apple store employees can be very helpful in determining if there is a true hardware issue. If there is no store nearby, you can contact Apple.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 6:43 AM (in response to sylviafromculver city)
Frozen or unresponsive iPad
Resolve these most common issues:
• Display remains black or blank
• Touch screen not responding
• Application unexpectedly closes or freezes
iPad Frozen? How to Force Quit an App, Reset or Restart Your iPad
What to Do When Your iPad Won't Turn On
iOS: Not responding or does not turn on
iPad: Basic troubleshooting