Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update MAIL?

I am on a MacBook Pro 2.2 Intel Core Duo with 4MB ram. using Lion, 10.7.5. All the Software Updates have been made. I installed Mointain Lion and my MAC ran so slow it was unbearable. I reinstaslled Lion and backed up from my TIme Machine. Now the MAIL app is dated 6/27/11 and will NOT open.

I get the message "Mail cannot be opened because of a problem.Check with the developer to make sure Mail works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple."

I went to Apple/Support and I cannot find where to download the MAIL application. How can I reinstall the MAIL appication?

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:14 AM

To reinstall the Mail application, you have to reinstall OS X. From what you say, it looks like Mail was damaged, maybe if you restored a backup made with an older Mac OS X version than the one you have now.

To reinstall OS X, hold Command and R keys while your computer is starting, and reinstall OS X

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2013 12:14 AM in response to fruguy

To reinstall the Mail application, you have to reinstall OS X. From what you say, it looks like Mail was damaged, maybe if you restored a backup made with an older Mac OS X version than the one you have now.

To reinstall OS X, hold Command and R keys while your computer is starting, and reinstall OS X

How can I update MAIL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.