Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i use IPAD wifi when travelling

I have been extensively using IPAD 2 . I recently decided to upgrade mine to IPAD3 . I bought one at the grove apple store and before that asked the salesman the difference in the IPAD 2 AND IPAD 3. He said the resolution of camera and picture was good and the memory was 32GB ( then one I bought) . Thinking it would give me a better speed and features and that all the existing facilities of IPAD 2 would be available since it was not mentioned by the sales man, i bought the same. Later I found when I opened it a couple of days later that there is no provision for sim card slot and only wifi CAN BE USED. wITH A RESULT where there is no WIFI connectivity as in most parts of the world it is useless. This aspect was not informed to me by the sales man . otherwise I would not have purchased the same. I think the person should have told about this. Now I am stuck with a near useless IPAD as I cannot carry two IPADs one for wifi USe and other with 3G facility. I feel I have been cheated

iPad

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 3:19 AM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2013 5:32 AM in response to kannan.vg

The mifi is an alternative to keep the one you have (Mifi is verizon's one, other cellular companies have their own versions)

There is a lot of free wifi out there and even apps that will give you a database you can access off line to find them.

Like was also said, you have 14 days, take it back. The 14 day return/exchange is standard at the apple store, other retailers have their own rules.

how do i use IPAD wifi when travelling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.