Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I stop my ringtone when I get two text messages?

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 9:27 PM

10 replies

Mar 24, 2013 10:47 PM in response to Eric Ross

sorry I should have been more specific. When I receive more than one text message at the same time, the ringtone will not shut off with any button. It wont stop until I let it run its course or I shut off the phone. In some cases if the volume is on 1 bar, it will crank all the way up to max. It only happens when i receive more than one message at once. If its only one I can silence it like normal.

thanks

Jun 1, 2015 11:04 AM in response to Busqueen10

Busqueen10 wrote:

Looks like this is a bug that apple is refusing to correct.

I'm sorry, but I've never heard of this bug, have you reported this to Apple?

Busqueen10 wrote:

At this point, it is irritating enough that we are considering going android for our next phone instead of upgrading to the new model.

Have you attempted any troubleshooting to see if this can be corrected? I'm guessing you have never heard of any problems with Android phones?

Jun 1, 2015 4:19 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Troubleshooting yes - we have changed several settings over the past several months. Tried restarting our phones which works for one time. May I also add that my husband has the same issue with his 5 phone. We have searched for a fix for this issue on the forums and all that we have found listed where people complaining of the same problem. No response from apple reps.

Now let me ask you, has apple recognized that there is an issue?

Jun 1, 2015 5:03 PM in response to Busqueen10

Busqueen10 wrote:

Troubleshooting yes - we have changed several settings over the past several months. Tried restarting our phones which works for one time. May I also add that my husband has the same issue with his 5 phone. We have searched for a fix for this issue on the forums and all that we have found listed where people complaining of the same problem. No response from apple reps.

Now let me ask you, has apple recognized that there is an issue?

So you are saying that the only troubleshooting that you have done is restart the iPhone. What type of settings have you changed? There will not be any responses from Apple reps here, as this is a user to user support forum. Apple does not participate in the forum. As far as Apple recognizing there is an issue, I've not seen any statements from Apple about this, but then I'm not sure if it has been reported, and you said that you have not reported it either.

The rest of the user troubleshooting steps are reset, restore from backup, restore as new.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.