Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro didnt come with CD

i have the OS X 10.8.3 version. Was it supposed to come with a CD? my box only had the laptop, charger etc, a little cloth n booklet thing. I want to reinstall garageband because it seems there are a ton of instruments missing. my only problem is, will i be able to reinstall GB after uninstalling it? also how can i uninstall it? thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 9:52 PM

7 replies

Mar 24, 2013 9:55 PM in response to laladk

Since the OS X Lion release, Apple doesn't provide any discs with Macs. If you want to reinstall OS X, you have to use Recovery HD or Internet Recovery > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Apart from that, now iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand are installed from the App Store, so you just have to uninstall GarageBand, open App Store > Purchases, and download and install GarageBand for free. Probably this won't solve the problem, but this is the way to reinstall an iLife application

Mar 24, 2013 10:04 PM in response to laladk

laladk wrote:

i have the OS X 10.8.3 version. Was it supposed to come with a CD?

Nope. No optical discs have been included with new Macs for over a year and a half. They are no longer necessary.

You can reinstall the version of OS X that shipped with your Mac as often as you want, even if you replace its hard disk with a completely empty one. Whatever you purchased from the App Store, including GarageBand, can also be reinstalled as often as you want, and on as many Macs as you own.

To uninstall anything you purchased from the App Store, drag its icon from the Applications folder (not the Dock) to the Trash.

To reinstall anything you purchased from the App Store, click the Purchases icon in the App Store, and download it.

macbook pro didnt come with CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.