Skip navigation

Mystery/Phantom piano sound

368 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 27, 2013 11:23 AM by porcupine RSS
porcupine Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 25, 2013 5:04 AM

I've been working on a song in GarageBand 09, and I thought a little piano here and there would be nice. I created a software instrument track for the EZ Keys plug-in and did a little editing, but I decided it was easier to just edit within EZ Keys itself, so I deleted the track and went back to the EZ Keys stand-alone program.

I created a few short piano bits in EZ Keys and saved them as a single WAV file, to chop up and move around later in GarageBand.

I dragged/dropped the WAV file onto a basic, real instrument track in GarageBand, but I realized it was the wrong tempo, so I deleted it, intending to return to EZ Keys to re-save the WAV file at the correct tempo.

Here's the problem: even though I deleted the piano (and the whole track) in GarageBand, I can still hear the piano. The piano can be heard right at the beginning, up until about 0:20 seconds, then it stops.

I have tried isolating each of the tracks, and the piano is definitely not on any of them. But, if I isolate ALL the tracks (essentially, playing every track), there is no piano!

I went as far as deleting all the EZ Keys files from my computer - the project files, the MIDI files, and the WAV files. I quit and restarted GarageBand. I restarted my computer (iMac). But I still have the piano playing at the beginning of the song.

I tried deleting all the tracks from the song, and the piano part still plays! Where can this audio be hiding?

iMac

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.