Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restarts very slow since updating to 10.8.3

Why are my restarts so slow since updating to 10.8.3? I have a partition with Winows 7 (for my Sife's work) on it and have had for some time. Ever since I updated to 10.8.3 when I restsart (either way) it takes three of four times longer for the computer to respond. The chime sounds almost as soon as I click restart (either way) but the computer seemingly just sits there for 30 seconds before anything happens. Once it starts every thing seems to be OK except once and a while when I restart to ML I have to restart again because the Dock will not magnify ( which it does on restarting the second time ). All this never happened before updating to 10.8.3, and that was about two weeks ago. All seems to work OK in either OS except for the above mentioned.

Early 2009 iMac 320, 4 GB Ram, lots of HD space left.

C

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 4:21 AM

There are no replies.

Restarts very slow since updating to 10.8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.