Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Original iPhone (2007 model) won't appear in iTunes devices.

I have just found my old original iPhone (2007) I have the at 2011 macbook pro 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 with 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3.

Running OS X 10.8.2

iTunes is 11.0.2.

I have restarted the computer and the iphone and yet the iphone doesn't appear in my iTunes devices?

The iPhone actually works as it still has a bit of credit so I can make and receive calls on it. It has music and pictures still on it etc. So it works. But it will not connect to my MacBook Pro?

Any advise please.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 6:39 AM

13 replies

Mar 31, 2013 5:53 PM in response to andycswain

Ok results.

My original iPhone 2007 first model that was released seems to no longer work with the latest updates of iTunes and OSX10.8

I tried in an Apple shop with all new computers and none registered my iPhone even connecting to them. I have an uptodate MacBookPro running OSX10.8.3 This computer will not register my iPhone. A friend also has an uptodate iMac running OSX 10.8.3

However I have an old der MacBookPro (2008) running OSX 10.7 and bing the iphone worked straight away.

Additionally I have an old Mac Mini (2005) running OSX10.7 and the iphone worked straight away with this.

Having owned Mac computers for nearly 20 years now I'm reasonably savvy with them. So my conclusion is that Whilst original iPhones may not be officially dropped by Apple....it would appear that they have!

Original iPhone (2007 model) won't appear in iTunes devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.