Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black lined 'ghost box' is suddenly around every text box, functions, etc.

I have OS 10.4.11. I had Safari/Firefox open. I was on Ebay, I copied a link to forward. I opened Entourage to send the link via Email, suddenly I had a black lined box around all functions, etc. and under the Apple Menu, shutdown, restart and logout are double listed. HELP! Something is weird, it even seemed to change the font look.

Somehow my system seems to think there's a second system open simultaneously?

Computer is also working slower and is acting very oddly. Have never had issues before like this and I have had Macs for nearly 20 years.

Thanks!

eMac, iMac and G-4 Tower with flat screen, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 11:23 AM

Hi there, check System Preferences>Universal Access>Seeing tab & see if VoiceOver is on...

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA23838?viewlocale=en_US

3 replies

Mar 25, 2013 11:42 AM in response to BDAqua

That did it. Thank you very, very much - I appreciate your expertise in helping me! Would you happen to have any idea how that may have been turned on? I did not access that program at all - I was just going between Safari, Firefox and my E-mail client and voila - the box was on. . .

Just curious so I don't make the same mistake again. . .

Don

Black lined 'ghost box' is suddenly around every text box, functions, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.