Is it widescreen ?
Did You in Your browser window set sequence and material to anamorphous. To me it was a revelation that the Browser window was exstendably to the right with lot's of columns - and one of them was Anamorphous.
Did you start a WideScreen project in iDVD - First window that opens after You clicked Start a New iDVD project (top button). At bottom this new window You set 4:3 (SD format) or 16:9 for WideScreen.
In iDVD You also need to go up to Project and down to Projectinfo
then set 16:9 here TOOO !
Proportion - Change it to 16:9
When I go from FinalCut to iDVD - I doFCE/P to iDVD
• How to go from FCE/P to iDVD
• Free space on Start-up hard disk
• Brand and type of DVDs used
• Burn speed set
• iDVD BUG
How to go from FCE/P to iDVD I do
• Disable Screen and Energy saver
• IMPORTANT --> FIRST in FinalCut - Mix Down Audio under Sequence Menu / Render Only / Mix-down
• Export out as a QuickTime .mov file
• Select with Mark - Chapter Mark
• Not as Self-Contained (not important but saves time and space)
• NO QUICKTIME CONVERSION (IMPORTANT)
This QT.mov file I import into iDVD from within iDVD.
Free space on Start-up hard disk
I set a minimum of 25GB (for Mac OS and iDVDs temp files)
• I use Pro Quality encoding
Brand and type of DVDs used ( Important as cheap brands DO NOT WORK )
• I use Verbatim
• I use DVD-R
Burn speed set (IMPORTANT)
• I set down this to x4 (or x1)
• One can not go back to movie-project for any alterations and then go back to
the iDVD project. It will notice and ask You to either Up-date or Cancel. Neither
of them will work.
Medicine - Start a brand new iDVD project.
Use of Chapters
• I only use a to z and 0 to 9 in naming them. NO other symbol/letter !
• NO Chapter-mark at very beginning - iDVD NEEDS TO set this by it self
• No Chapter marks in or within two seconds from a transition
(Way around this last one - Export movie as QT full quality and NO Chapter marks
Import this into a new Movie-project and now You are free to set C-Ms where You want
them except at very beginning - still)
Material used to build movie
• video - I use streamingDV (or convert all other to this e.g. .mp4, .avi, .wmv etc)
• audio - I use .aiff 16-bit 48kHz or from Audio-CD (44.1kHz) - no .mp3 or direct from iTunes
• photos - I use .jpg - no .bmp etc
Problems - then Trash iDVD pref. file and run Repair Permissions - and have a re-try.
from post ??
May not be relevant, but I had the same problem with iDVD, where burned DVDs showed a green screen. It was cured by quitting Quicksilver and Quickeys as well as disabling sleep and screen-saving
Yours Bengt W
- my FCE project is currently "DV PAL 48kHz" (when I look in Easy Setup)
- each of the clips in my FCE folder are 1920x1080 when I look at them in the *Finder*
- when I look at them in FCE bin, they are 1440x1080
- when I export, the file is 720x576
I have created my project in iDVD as 16:9 widescreen, so that bit is correct!
Any adviuce on changes or what to do next would be very welcome.
my FCE project is currently "DV PAL 48kHz"
This is most likely why you are getting these results. DV PAL is a standard def 4:3 frame size, not 16:9 widescreen. When you put your 1920x1080 clips into a DV PAL sequence, FCE conforms the clips to the DV PAL sequence settings.
Double-check your actual sequence settings. Control-click your sequence in the FCE Browser. Select Item Properties. What does it say for frame size, compressor & vid rate? Do the same with one or more of your clips.
Do your sequence & clip properties match?
What was the original source of your clips? (eg exact make & model camcorder).
Thnk you so much for this help...
When I ctrl-click on the Sequence and look at the properties:
Frame size: 720x576
Vid Rate: 25fps
When I dod same for a clip...:
Frame size: 1440x1080
Compressor: Apple Intermediate Codec
Vid Rate: 25fps
My footage came from a Canon FV 10 and a HV 20. The cameras were set to record in HD format.
I had added in a few clips from a third camera (not my own) and they came in as Frame Size 720x576. I resized these to 1440x1080 in my timeline. So when I look at Item porperties for one of these clips, it says:
Clip frame size: 720x576
But V1 frame size: 1440x1080
Vid rate and compressor are the same for clip and v1: DV-Pal and 25fps.