Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 11:47 AM (in response to Skip_B43)
1. Restart your computer.
2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
3. Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. iOS devices require the following minimum version of Windows:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
4. Download and install any available software updates from Microsoft.5. Connect the device directly to your computer; not to an external USB hub. Find out if your computer has USB 2.0 ports.6. Check that the dock connector on both the device and cable are clean of any lint or other debris. If possible, connect your device using a different Apple 30-pin to USB cable.7. Disconnect other USB peripherals from your computer, with the exception of your keyboard and mouse. After disconnecting these peripherals, restart your computer, connect your device, and open iTunes.8. Connect your device to a different USB port on your computer.9. Use the Task Manager to stop some Apple Services:
- Launch the Task Manager:
- For Windows XP: Press Control + alt + delete on the keyboard.
- For Windows Vista and Windows 7: Press Control + alt + delete on the keyboard. Then click "Start Task Manager". If Windows needs your permission to continue, click "Continue".
- Click the Processes tab of the Task Manager. End each of these three processes by clicking in their names and choosing "End Process":
- After ending these processes, reboot your computer, open iTunes, and test.
10. Connect your device to a different computer to determine whether the issue is specific to your computer.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 11:49 AM (in response to Skip_B43)
Try placing your device in recovery mode to see if you can resolve this - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 1:09 PM (in response to Skip_B43)
iOS: Unknown error containing '0xE' when connecting to a Windows PC
How To Completely Uninstall and Remove All Traces of iTunes
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points