Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search 'Entire Message' in Mail on network account.

Hello -

Recently an issue has come up where my users are unable to choose the "Entire Message" option when performing a search in Mail. "From", "To" and "Subject" all work fine.

All of my users are running latest updates of 10.6 and 10.7 and all are on network accounts. This is not a new problem, but it's a new question that came up a few months ago and I've been scraping for an answer since then.

-I understand that for the "From, To and Subject" search options, Mail handles them separately in the Envelope Index file.

-Spotlight is responsible for the Entire Message option.

-I had to force spot light to index the user folder through terminal using mdutil and specifying "~/". The user folders are not on local storage so Spotlight ignores them.

After forcing mdutil to index - a spotlight search will return results as I would expect - searching entire message but, Mail still does not allow for the Entire Message search option.

Please let me know if more information would help. Thank you in advance.

Mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:21 PM

There are no replies.

Search 'Entire Message' in Mail on network account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.