Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 10.8.3 update photos disappeared from photostream

I think after this update it disabled photo stream and only photos from March are now in photostream in Aperature. Can I get all the photos that were there back in there? They are on my iPhone and my iPad mini.

Air 11", Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:16 PM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2013 1:09 PM in response to tswank

Photos that have been in the Photo Stream longer than 30 days are removed. The following is from this Apple document: iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ:

How long are My Photo Streamphotos stored in iCloud?

The photos you upload to My Photo Stream are stored in iCloud for 30 days to give your devices plenty of time to connect and download them.

You can add them back by dragging them onto the Photo Stream link in the left hand pane under the Web section and then choose which Photo Stream to add them to:

User uploaded file

OT

Mar 25, 2013 1:30 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for response. These photos were not stored in iCloud as far as I know. I have it turned on. See image. There are 896 pics on my phone in photostream which was the same as my Air. For months never had this happen. Until this update.

If I add pics back in on my Air will it re add them to my other devices?

Thansk for your help.

TS

User uploaded file

Mar 25, 2013 1:37 PM in response to tswank

only photos from March are now in photostream in Aperature.

If you have imported the missing Photo Stream images already to Aperture, you can simply add them back to your stream, just like Old Toad has shown above for iPhoto.

select the images in the Browser, then drag them onto the Photo stream icon. From the pop-up menu select the PhotoStream to share to.

But if you did not import them, download them from your i-device's camera roll by connecting it to your mac or share them again to the photo stream on your iPad, iPhone.

Regards

Léonie

After 10.8.3 update photos disappeared from photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.