Skip navigation

apple tv update kicked me off netflix

462 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 5:36 PM by curvis RSS
gilesmac1 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 25, 2013 12:44 PM

Hi, hope someone can help.  Yesturday I had a apple tv update that has since and maybe as a consequence brought up the 'Netflix is currently unavailable' notice.

I do use a vpn to get US content and it has never been a problem.  I ran the usual diagnostics such as restarting, checked the DNS and even called Netflix HQ in Michigan who confirmed that my account is ok but signal strength is the issue, even though I tested it at 15.54 Mbps which is more than sufficiant.

The VPN provider seems ok as well. I even took myself of the VPN service and tried regular UK Netflix and got the same issue.  Apple tv is showing all the other services they provide, it's just Netflix that's not working.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.1.3
  • curvis Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 5:36 PM (in response to gilesmac1)

I had the same issue, I'm not sure if it's the update that caused it, but under Settings, General, Restrictions, scroll all the way down until you see Netflix and change it from hide to show. That resolved my issue!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.