Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical in-app notifications not working! HELP!

Hi,

so when I send people an invite from my calendar it works perfectly, I even get their acceptances and all. But, when someone sends ME an invite (to any of my email accounts) I just get an email with the invite but NO ical in-app invitation.

I have been looking like CRAZY for a solution for this.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 4:06 PM

8 replies

Mar 25, 2013 4:15 PM in response to marialeoltra

Hi,

Look in the Preferences > Advanced. What do you have set for the "Automatically sync CalDAV invitations" option? This option needs to be set for Calendar application to get invitations received in Mail.

What account are the invitations being sent to? If it is an iCloud or Google Calendar account the invitation would generally be handled by ht eserver and not locally on your machine.

John M

Mar 26, 2013 6:25 AM in response to John Maisey

And is there a way of changing this? i.e. have invitations sent to my gmail be received as part of my icloud server not my gmail server?

I really don't want to have the google calendar, but my apple id is my gmail account.

and as a side note, even when people send me invites to my icloud or me.com I still get them as emails and not as in-app notifications.

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2014 5:58 AM in response to marialeoltra

I have had this problem for a while and finally figured out a fix...

Go to My Apple ID on the Apple website and change your apple id to a different email address and verify that email.

Now go back to My Apple ID and change it back to the gmail address that you really want, then verify that email.

This reset things for me and made my ical sync perfectly with invites from others.

ical in-app notifications not working! HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.