Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery drain with new update 6.1.3 for iPad 3rd generation ????!!!!

Hello every one, it's my first time here in Apple discussions so let me put my problem with my iPad 3rd generation.

I updated to the new iOS 6.1.3. few days back and i noticed very fast battery drain with normal use, i don't know how to fix and it's a bit troublesome to take it to Apple service center, i noticed also that there are few questions and reviews about iPone battery drain after updating to the new iOS .... well, will it work for the iPad or do we need another solution.

your advice is highly appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 11:21 PM

8 replies

Mar 26, 2013 1:02 AM in response to El Fuego

Save battery

1. Lower brightness (Major)

2. Turn off WiFi when not using

3. Turn off 3G when not using

4. Turn off Bluetooth when not using

5. Minimize use of Location Service; you can turn it off for certain apps

6. Turn off push notification (Major)

7. Fetch new data less frequently or manually

8. Turn off push mail (Major)

9. Auto-check fewer mail account

Apr 16, 2013 4:34 PM in response to El Fuego

I have the same issue. My ipad was performing great until I did the 6.1.3 upgrade. Since then I have significant drain - I know some in this community are working hard to discount this and claim that the upgrade didnt impact the battery. But all I can tell you is that prior to the upgrade I had no issues. I wish Apple would please acknowledge this and fix the problem.

Apr 29, 2013 7:07 AM in response to El Fuego

My iPad 3 holds battery power just like a sieve holds water after the 6.1.3 upgrade. It was a very nice machine before the 6.1.3 upgrade, but now it's almost useless. I'm virtually seing the battery percentage counting down minute by minute. I've tried the "reboot by emptying battery" trick with no success. The back of the iPad now turns warm to the touch even if I'm only using Notes to write down notes during meetings. Something is seriously wrong...

May 11, 2013 12:27 PM in response to El Fuego

I'm having the same problem. I haven't changed anything about my usage, I have only upgraded to 6.1.3. The battery drains about 1% per minute, when I'm doing nothing on it. I am well aware about having to close your apps when you're not using them (I do it on the regular anyways) and I know that dimming your screen is always helpful. But, before, I would only dim my screen when the poor thing was at 10%, and even then it could last almost an hour. now 10% is basically 10 minutes. This is not normal!! What is the point of my iPad if it's gonna drain just as fast as my 3-year old HP laptop. not impressed with this update. please help.

battery drain with new update 6.1.3 for iPad 3rd generation ????!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.