Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my Apple ID on another Mac?

Here's the deal: I have a Mac Pro that I use at home with my own, personal Apple ID. I want to buy a Mac for my business and want to have two user accounts on there. One for the business which will have its own, separate Apple ID, and one for my personal use that will have the Apple ID that I use at home on my Mac Pro.

So can this be done? I'm guessing it can be done. But the thing I really would like to know is, can I use the apps that I have purchased on the Mac App Store from my own, personal Apple ID on the business Mac? If so, would they only be accessible from my personal user account or the business user account as well?

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 12GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 3:25 AM

Yes, you can sign in and install apps from your other user on the Mac. They will be accessible to all Mac user accounts - everything gets installed into the central Applications folder.

Matt

2 replies

Can I use my Apple ID on another Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.