Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing written text when screen rotates

Several times now I have composed an email....when I inadvertantly turned my Ipad, causing the screen to turn, all of the written text disappeared. I'd appreciate any input, thoughts, or direction.

Thank you

iPad

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 6:04 AM

Are you sure that you are not hitting the undo key on the keyboard or accidentally selecting the text and deleting it? I know that sounds far fetched but I have seen crazier things happen.

If you are sure that you are not causing this to occur, reboot your iPad and see if that makes this issue disappear.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2013 6:04 AM in response to Randall01

Are you sure that you are not hitting the undo key on the keyboard or accidentally selecting the text and deleting it? I know that sounds far fetched but I have seen crazier things happen.

If you are sure that you are not causing this to occur, reboot your iPad and see if that makes this issue disappear.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Losing written text when screen rotates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.