Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad suddenly can't find wifi network .

my ipad can't find any wifi network since last few days ? how can i fix it ?

iPad, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 6:24 AM

1. Turn off router for 30 seconds and on again

2. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

7 replies

Mar 26, 2013 7:18 AM in response to Josephine81

The same thing has happened to me 3 times with today being the most recent occurrence. This has worked for me each time and lasted for about 2 weeks before losing connection again.

1. Log into your router settings from another device.

2. Change the router security setting to Open. (This may cause you to lose Wi-Fi on other devices)

3. Check to see if you can connect to the Internet on your Ipad.

4. If you can connect to Wi-Fi on your Ipad, log back into your router settings using the Ipad if you lost Wi-Fi access on the other device.

5. Change the router security setting to WPA-PSK or WPA/WPA2-PSK (choose the security that you didn't use previously).

6. Save router settings.

7. Try connecting to Wi-Fi on the Ipad. If your other devices lost Wi-Fi connection from step 2, the connection should now be restored after changing security setting in step 5.

Again, this has worked for me all 3 times that I have lost Wi-Fi connection since updating to IOS 6.1.2. I never had a problem with Wi-Fi connection until that update.

May 15, 2013 11:09 AM in response to TR1007

My wifi connection dropped suddenly during a Facetime session today on an ipad mini. My hushand's iphone5 also could not connect to the wifi. The message was 'unable to join the network'. Our internet service is with Verizon and the router is the original Westell Versalink we got from Verizon years ago. Tried other suggestions but they did not work. After following your method of changing the security setting from WEP to WPA and entering a new passcode (I used my WEP passcode again), both our devices can now log on to the wifi. Thank you.

ipad suddenly can't find wifi network .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.