Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iCloud suddenly not seeing my Photostream folder (it's there)?

When I woke my computer this morning (Win 8 Prof 64-bit, Core i7 3770, 16GB, 250GB SSD boot drive/2TB data drive) a taskbar notification area message from iCloud was flashing wildly saying that my 'Photostream folder had been moved or deleted, please open iCloud Control Panel to select another folder.'

Problem is, the folder is there (C:/Users/[user]/Pictures/Photostream), and has default folders and photos intact. I can select another folder on another drive and the message ends. Then when I try to point iCloud back to the original folder, it sees it, but won't allow you to select it (the "Open") button in the dialog stays grayed out.

I tried completely uninstalling iCloud Control Panel, restarting and reinstalling, and after initially seeing the folder correctly, when I attempt to turn off Contact/Mail and Bookmarks syncing (don't need them), click Apply, the whole thing starts over again--iCloud no longer sees the default Photostream folder path as valid, even though it's clearly there.

Very frustrating. The only thing I can attribute this to is that I did an "Update and Restart" on Windows before I put it to bed last night, and somehow there is now an incompatibility.

Is anyone else having this issue?

iCloud Control Panel for PC-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 7:57 AM

There are no replies.

Why is iCloud suddenly not seeing my Photostream folder (it's there)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.