Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 on a macbook 2010 model.

I stalled windows 7 on my macbook 2010, I am running montain lion, and used bootcamp 5 for the install, windows has not asked me for the cd key or to validate windows. I installed a brand new copy of windows (from a reputable computer store, the disc was in the original package with the cd key on the packaging) (partition) on my disk so i am now running two operating systems, OSX mountain lion and windows.

Is it normal not to be asked for the cd key on a macbook? Will I have problems with windows? it seems to be working fine.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 8:37 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

Windows 7 normally asks you for the product key during the setup. If it hasn't asked you for the product key, do it yourself now. Go to the Windows button, right-click "My Computer" and choose "Properties". Then, press the button to activate Windows, insert the product key and follow the on-screen steps. This doesn't mind that you will have problems with Windows

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2013 8:37 AM in response to supportworker

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

Windows 7 normally asks you for the product key during the setup. If it hasn't asked you for the product key, do it yourself now. Go to the Windows button, right-click "My Computer" and choose "Properties". Then, press the button to activate Windows, insert the product key and follow the on-screen steps. This doesn't mind that you will have problems with Windows

Windows 7 on a macbook 2010 model.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.