Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing SCEP Certificate

Hello,

how can I replace the SCEP Certificate Identity which is used by default bye the profile service.

I am planning to use the MDM Profile service in our company environment. I see on the OS X Client/System Preferences/Profiles that the CA of the SCEP Part is a default one called "IntermediateCA_DOMAIN.NAME.COM_1".

At this time and configuratione the profile service works fine, but the certificate expires in one year, I just would like to know, how to replace the certificate at time when it is expired.

Before I dont know or understand this I dont like to enrolle the profile service in my enterprise environment.

Thanks for support and answer,

Patrick

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 8:49 AM

2 replies

Sep 29, 2015 12:43 PM in response to Patrick Fist

Since at least Server 3.2.2 (probably earlier), Profile Manager will automatically re-enroll devices as their SCEP identities near expiration. (Where "near" is defined as < 6 months, to allow for devices being offline for a very long time.) This re-enrollment is explicitly to renew these SCEP identities because if they do expire the device will have to manually be re-enrolled.

The SCEP identities are signed by the OD Intermediate CA, and I don't think there is any way to change this. However, that OD identity should be valid for 5 years from when it was originally created and should be renewable within Server.app as it nears expiration.

In short, you shouldn't need to worry about this.

Replacing SCEP Certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.