Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how much does it cost to replace a smashed ipod touch 4th gen 8g screen?

I was getting my iPod out of my bag when I didn't notice someone running towards me, they bumped into me and I dropped my iPod by mistake and when I picked it up there was a massive crack in the screen, does my apple warranty cover this or will I have to pay to get the screen replaced? if so, how much will it cost?User uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 9:47 AM

This is a kind of bad crack, but its not directly in the screen, so i cant tell you an exact price. if you want go to a local store who fixes devices or just go to the apple store. also its not like right throught the screen so you might just be better keeping it like it is. BUT again, if its the first crack you ever had on it there is a good chance they will fix it for free

Message was edited by: just219

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2013 9:47 AM in response to e.clarkey

This is a kind of bad crack, but its not directly in the screen, so i cant tell you an exact price. if you want go to a local store who fixes devices or just go to the apple store. also its not like right throught the screen so you might just be better keeping it like it is. BUT again, if its the first crack you ever had on it there is a good chance they will fix it for free

Message was edited by: just219

how much does it cost to replace a smashed ipod touch 4th gen 8g screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.