Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pathway to folders

How do I find out where a file is located using Spotlight?

The last OS showed the pathway to the folders but since I updated to Mt. Lion, I lost that hand feature.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 11:18 AM

You might need to make an adjustment to Finder to show the paths.

In Finder do Command+n to open a new window and with the window selected go to the View menu and select Show Path Bar.

To search in Finder, rather than Spotlight do Command+f to bring up the Find window, search what you're looking for and it should show the path at the bottom of the window.

You should only need to set the Show Path Bar once and Finder will retain that preference.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2013 11:18 AM in response to ashlander

You might need to make an adjustment to Finder to show the paths.

In Finder do Command+n to open a new window and with the window selected go to the View menu and select Show Path Bar.

To search in Finder, rather than Spotlight do Command+f to bring up the Find window, search what you're looking for and it should show the path at the bottom of the window.

You should only need to set the Show Path Bar once and Finder will retain that preference.

pathway to folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.