Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access System Preferences on MBP (Mac OS X).

I changed the desktop photo and the next; things got SNAFU.

Under 'system preferences' the desktop/screensaver displays a 'loading' message but it just spins on and on. Also, I cannot access anything else in system preference. I've had to force quit a few times.

*** is going on?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 9:41 AM

First, to solve the Desktop pane problem, delete the Desktop settings file. First, open Finder, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Preferences. Then, delete "com.apple.desktop.plist" and "com.apple.systempreferences.plist", and restart your computer. After doing this, you should be able to access to the Desktop & Screen Saver pane

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2013 9:41 AM in response to karpediem257

First, to solve the Desktop pane problem, delete the Desktop settings file. First, open Finder, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Preferences. Then, delete "com.apple.desktop.plist" and "com.apple.systempreferences.plist", and restart your computer. After doing this, you should be able to access to the Desktop & Screen Saver pane

Unable to access System Preferences on MBP (Mac OS X).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.