Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email is all squished

Why do some of my emails come in on my IPad all squished so you can not read them

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 10:54 AM

6 replies

Jan 23, 2016 4:05 AM in response to lildebweb

I have had this problem in that emails I sent to my mum arrived on her ipad all squashed up and virtually unreadable. Like you it was not an option to stop using the accessibility larger font. I found that it was to do with the signature on my Hotmail email. So by changing this to be "plain" instead of "rich" it has fixed the problem and she can now read the emails - hooray!! I hope this helps.

So the problem was with how they were formatted by the sender in my case.

Oct 7, 2015 6:44 PM in response to mjelliot

This is happens to me as well - in email from various sources, but not all. Sure, I could fix it by setting the font to be smaller, but that doesn't help me see what's on the screen. Isn't that the whole point of the dynamic text? It looks like the feature does not account for some formatting, which, in my mind, is a bug. You'd think Apple would fix this by now.

email is all squished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.