Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

100 percent Flawless MBP UNTIL TODAY

I have had no problems with my macbook pro, however, It is unusual for me now. I was using logic and itunes was open in the background. I got an error message saying it was shutting down itunes and then the whole screen froze with a bunch of diagonal lines that all run paralell with eachother sort of like this ///////////////////////////////////////.down the whole monitor. I can't see through these lines and so i nervously reboot my computer to experience the SAME THING ON STARTUP. My computer wont boot although i see the lines of death and the apple startup icon. It will then go into a all blue screen without the lines and the go black and then back into a screen with the lines again. The lines are multi-colored and look like feedback on a tv. PLEASE HELP. I have already tried RAM reset.

I have recently installed the new update of MAC osx and also the SMU Firmwire or whatever update

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 22, 2006 6:52 PM

5 replies

Jun 7, 2006 8:09 PM in response to garrettlmiller

I am having the exact same problem. Was working on an email and then the system just freaked out. Rebooted and the screen was the same. Have called support and they want me to take it to the closest store to have it look at. This ***** i have only had this for 15 days. All usage has been in cool rooms with lots of air flow.

What did you do to get your fixed?

100 percent Flawless MBP UNTIL TODAY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.