Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhoto images won't show, and Photo Library Repair will not open when I command-Option-click on the iPhoto icon.

Some of my iPhoto albums will not show, as below:

User uploaded file

When I click on any of those individual albums, for a brief split second I can see the images displayed, but then they revert to this:

User uploaded file

Then if I click on any of those images, this image appears:

User uploaded file

I have real a lot of posts that say to click Command+Option while opening iPhoto and this will open the Photo Library Repair window, but... this is not happening. Each time I do it, iPhoto just opens as it normally does. I've tried about 10 times, closing iPhoto completely. I've tried through the dock icon and through the applications listing. Neither will open anything other than regular old iPhoto.

Can anyone help me and suggest what I may be doing wrong, or are there any alternative was to open Photo Library Repair so I can rebuild my library? I really don't want to lose all of those photos, especially since some are really important and irreplaceable.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 1:18 PM

I have real a lot of posts that say to click Command+Option while opening iPhoto and this will open the Photo Library Repair window, but... this is not happening.

Be sure you're holding the correct keys and that you're holding them long enough. Depress them before clicking on iPhoto and don't let go until the menu shows up.

If you don't want to lose those photos, make a back up now. Hopefully it's not too late.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2013 1:18 PM in response to AniaL

I have real a lot of posts that say to click Command+Option while opening iPhoto and this will open the Photo Library Repair window, but... this is not happening.

Be sure you're holding the correct keys and that you're holding them long enough. Depress them before clicking on iPhoto and don't let go until the menu shows up.

If you don't want to lose those photos, make a back up now. Hopefully it's not too late.

Mar 26, 2013 1:31 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks. The problem was that in all of the "Hold Command-Option while clicking" instructions I read, none of them indicated that I should keep holding until the Photo Library Repair window opened. I thought holding while double clicking was enough. Thanks again!

As an aside, is Time Machine enough of a backup for my photo library?

My iPhoto images won't show, and Photo Library Repair will not open when I command-Option-click on the iPhoto icon.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.