Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro wont start after 10.8.3 update

So I tired installing the 10.8.3 update from the app store and every time I did it I got the response that it wasn't downloaded properly, first on bad Internet at my house, then at school I used the really fast Internet and it was the same problem. Then I came here found that a bunch of people had the same problem, so I downloaded the combo update from apple.com from a recommendation by someone here

Now its one big shitstorm, after taking a half hour to install on my MacBook Pro ( its a 13 inch i got last august so its brand new), during the install I was on chrome and it kept freezing about 75% of the install complete I tried to shut every program running, that just froze the entire computer for about 5 minutes, let it finish and it said it needed to restart. It said that something couldn't close and it needed to be force quit, so I did that and let it restart.

It turned off, and started the loading screen with the apple and the gear below it spinning, then it froze, a half hour later it didn't change, i shut it off by holding down the power button and tried to start it again now it will go until the screen with the apple and spinning gear comes and then it will just shut itself off after about 2 minutes, tried safe mode, the bar at the bottom will load about 40% then it shuts off,

What do I do now, anything on my own? can i try and take it into the apple store or did I probably loose everything?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 4:09 PM

1 reply

MacBook Pro wont start after 10.8.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.