Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Mail and iCal iPad with MacBook?

I have a 2 year old MacBook (sys 10.6.8) and am considering buying a new iPad Mini. I shall want to sync iCal and Mail. Can I do this please?

I don't want to sync iTunes.

Also, if my MacBook is connected to my printer, will I be able to print using wi fi? i.e: print from the iPad through the MacBook sharing the printer?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 4:24 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2013 4:35 PM in response to John the Greek

First of all, you can only sync mail if you have an IMAP email account. You cannot sync email messages from the Mac to the iPad. That action only takes place if your email is an IMAP account so it has nothing to do with the Mac or syncing with iTunes.

You can sync your calendar with iTunes without having to sync anything else if you don't want to sync anything else from iTunes. ITunes is a software on the computer and the conduit through which syncing takes place, when you say you don't want to sync iTunes, I assume that you are talking about Music.

You can download an app called Printopia for the Mac that allows you to use your Mac as the print server and you should be able to use your current WiFi printer.

There are other ways to print using other apps from the App Store, as well.

Sync Mail and iCal iPad with MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.