Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 installer restarts and then stops

I've tried four times to install Windows 7 using Basecamp. The installation seems to work. It restarts, installs, restarts and then remains on a black screen.

Has anyone had this problem? What do I do?

27-inch iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 3:32 PM

13 replies

Mar 26, 2013 6:21 PM in response to garirry

Yes. Sorry. Guess I'm a mess tonight.

The Windows installer completes. The computer restarts, it begins configuring. It restarts again and then I get a black screen. It's not a lit screen that displays black. It looks like the computer is off. Nothing happens. The hard drive has wound down, the install disc isn't spinning, the screen is off.

Mar 27, 2013 3:04 AM in response to Courcoul

Thanks for the suggestion. I removed the DVD and tried again.

The screen asking me if I want to start up in Safe Mode or Start Windows Normally comes up. I chose Start Windows Normally and the screen goes black. I chose Safe Mode and the screen comes up telling me that it's configuring my computer for its first use. However, it only does this for about 30 seconds and then tells me that the computer can't be configured in Safe Mode.

Mar 27, 2013 8:36 AM in response to Graiai

Re install your Windows DVD

Restart the computer and hold OPTION KEY

When the icons display choose the Windows DVD.

The install scrren on the Windows DVD has some options below the Install now button in the center.

They are on the lower left.

I forget what they say but they give you various options.

One is a command prompt.

Go there and try these commands: C:

Then try:

SFC /SCANNOW

That will check if all the Windows systems got installed correctly.

If you get an error you will probably have to reinstall Windows 7

Are you sure you have a Full Install disk of Windows 7 and not an upgrade.

Apple has so fubared BootCamp with this update I am schocked!

Windows 7 installer restarts and then stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.