Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I buy a Macbook Pro 13 or Retina 13?

I am in the market for a new computer right now. I have looked at both the Macbook Pro 13 Retina and Non Retina. I do NOT want a 15" MBP because I currently have a 15" Windows PC and it is a pain to carry. I was looking at either the i7 2.9 Non Retina, or the i5 2.6 Retina. Which would suit my needs for school work, and using PS Lightroom. I do not edit videos or play games at all on my computers. Would the i5 suit me for what I need? I really love how the rMBP looks in the store compared to the cMBP, its so gorgeous and lightweight. Thanks for your imput!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Macbook Pro 13 VS rMBP 13

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 5:39 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2013 5:45 PM in response to connellyapplestuff

Check out 15 in MBP. My MBP 15 in is lighter than my 14 in HP laptop for work. But if "15 in" is the problem and not the weight, then do as you feel best.

Retina is relatively new. One of the many manufaturers of Retina displays reportedly (I only read reports in this forum) are less reliable than other manufacturers.

Also 13 in non-Retina cost less and allow HD/SSD and RAM upgrades by you later while Retina only has RAM you buy and is hard to change flash storage.

But Retina is pretty.

Should I buy a Macbook Pro 13 or Retina 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.