Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband artist lessons re-download

Hi there. I bought a few years ago, two lessons. My old computer crashed so I lost everything. How do I re-download the lessons free of charge?

thx in advance

francesco

iMac Intel 3.06 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 24 inch

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 7:01 PM

Francesco,

if it does it not work like described in this article:

GarageBand: Re-downloading Learn to Play Artist Lessons

you could try to restore the artist lessons from your Backup: The artists lessons are stored in your system library:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/Artist Lessons/

If downloading again does not work, use the "support" link in the Apple Store to contact Apple.

Regards

Leonie

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2013 7:01 PM in response to francesc0

Francesco,

if it does it not work like described in this article:

GarageBand: Re-downloading Learn to Play Artist Lessons

you could try to restore the artist lessons from your Backup: The artists lessons are stored in your system library:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/Artist Lessons/

If downloading again does not work, use the "support" link in the Apple Store to contact Apple.

Regards

Leonie

Mar 27, 2013 1:37 AM in response to léonie

Thanks leonieDF but...

unfortunately, the link you've reported not working. I had already read the kb and the result is what you see at the bottom. The section "downlodable software purchase" simply does not exist

Ciao e grazie

Retrieving Downloaded Artist Lessons

If your Artist Lesson does not automatically begin downloading, you quit GarageBand before your lesson finished downloading, or you do not see your purchased lessons in GarageBand, there are a few ways to retrieve your content:

Re-open GarageBand and your content will resume downloading where it left off.

View and re-download your Artist Lesson purchases by visiting the Downloadable Software Purchases section of Your Account.

Mar 27, 2013 4:55 AM in response to francesc0

You are right, francesc0, that does not seem to work any longer. When I try to download my artist lesson again, I get as far as:

Both links (Apple Store account, order history) do work, I see my "Sting" order,

User uploaded file

But the following does not work any longer:

Click any lesson to download it again.

But could you restore your artist lessons from your backup?

Ciao

Léonie

Mar 27, 2013 12:38 PM in response to francesc0

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

The problem with the artist lessons has been going on for along time. Sometimes they can be downloaded again, sometimes not. This seems to be more a legal problem than a technical problem. Perhaps they will be available again soon. Wait and see.

But I'd get started with backups soon - Time Machine makes this very easy. Any disk will get corrupted sooner or later, and you will not want to lose all your data at once. On the average I had to replace a hard disk every three years.

Regards

Léonie

Dec 28, 2013 5:09 AM in response to léonie

This has been going on for TOO long! I bought all the Alex Lifeson lessons around 2009 or whenever they first came out. About a year or so later, I needed to re-download the lessons and couldn't, unless I re-purchased them.

I've called Apple support 3 or 4 times about this issue over the years and even they seem to not know why its not working. Of course, order histories only go back 18 months, so your screwed with the "suggested" way of re-downloading these lessons. Even when they showed up in my order history, I couldn't re-download them. The system would not let me.

It's been years now, with still no solution.

I asked the Apple support rep, if it would be possible to refund my purchases or give me a credit I could use to re-purchase the lessons, and even that was apparently impossible to do.

So the solution is: "THERE IS NO SOLUTION".

If you buy the lessons and accidentally erase them and have no backups, your screwed.

No wonder the lessons section has not expanded much over the last 5 years. Because people certainly do not like being screwed over like this.

-Chris

Garageband artist lessons re-download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.