Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone battery problem

My iphone 4 is not turning on using the power button, when i press it nothing happens but when i connect my iphone to a wall charger the apple logo appears and after some time it says "connect to itunes" and "slide to unlock bar" appears at the bottom for emmergency calls and if i unplug the charger the screen goes black. When i connect iphone to my computer the iphone logo comes in and stays there for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes all black and this thing repeats as long as my iphone is connected to the computer. I have tried the hard reset (pressing home button and power button simultaniously) but its useless in this case

I think this is because my battery is totally dead and need to relace it but if anyone of you knows and think that theres some other problem then please let me know

when it is connected to a wall charger it says that the iphone is 100% charged

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 12:32 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2014 4:27 PM in response to usayd56

I know that you probably replaced the device, but this problem has occured with several device. It occured with several devices ipod touch, iphones, iphones 5s ect when they pushed the ios7.

If you take the device to apple, they will hook it up to a diagnostic and it will say there is a bad battery.. This is untrue,,, i have fixed this problem on many devices so I am aware of the real problem. The real propblem is the cache or ram, In old hard drives they have a + and a - jumper that can be used to clear the cach if a write error occurs. I have used this technique to get many old drives to work again for my use when highly pad technitions are not able to figure out the fix. (primarly because you need to understand how a device/ individual items in the device operate.

Now with IOS devices there are no jumpers and there is not a proper way to completely drain the battery to clear the cach..

The thing about doing a hard rebote when you are USB conected to a computer is durring that process the IOS device and computer try to comunicate and cannot do to the wrie error in the catch.

Here is the fix, it works for any IOS device,

step 1, make sure you have itunes with the latest version installed on a computer and have it open and ready.

step 2: using the usb cord attached to the ios device, plug the other end into the wall power adapter to charge the device (the device you charge with should have no way of comunicating with the iphone, just give power)

step 3: preform a hard rebote... for ipod touchs iphone ipads you need to hold the power (top botton down, after 10 secounds the apple logo will apear, while still holding down the power botton press down the home button (the circle botton with the square in it or the fingure print button in Iphone 5s) hold that for aproxamtely 10 secounds, than release the power botton. you should be in hard reset/ reboot mode. The step are avialable online.

step 3: if you have achieve hard reboot/reset mode correctly using land power only you have a successful hard rebote which although the catch problem is still there, the computer will ignore it.

step 4: before the ios device quits hard reboot/reset mode, quickly unplug the usb from wall power and plug it in to the computer with the latest itunes installed.

Step 5: a message in itunes will appear say a device conected is in hard rebote mode, would you like to reinstall the opoperate ios software, and it will tell you all data will be erased,,,,, YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THIS.

step 6: your device has a new ios software in it and you may need after the clean installation is complete than you can recover from backup..

You may or may not, have less avialable drive space and or system cach size this would be do to the fact that these where the bad sectors of the drive/ ram that itunes discovered when doing a fresh install.

Iphone battery problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.