Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allowing all Music and Podcast content

I subscribe to a podcast that has the "explicit" tag. I was able to listen to it until a couple of days ago. Looking under my "Restrictions", "Allowed Content" has "Music & Podcasts" set to "Clean" and the option is grayed out; I can't edit it. Any thoughts on how to allow all conent or what I might be doing wrong? Thanx for your help and expertise.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 8:51 PM

22 replies

Jul 1, 2015 11:27 PM in response to ml120883

Well, the reason why you are seeing that option 'Greyed' is because of the country which you have selected in your iTunes account. This has got nothing to do with your phone being a work phone or a personal iphone or because of some corporate profile. If you choose your country as UK or US, then you will be able to change that restriction for music and podcast. But sadly then your credit card might not work easily with apple music or you might pay more because apple music is not priced the same everywhere.

Technically if the restrictions are disabled for an iphone, then this setting shouldn't be applicable at all. I feel its an iOS 8.4 glitch, which apple might resolve in the next release.

Allowing all Music and Podcast content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.